You can use formatting options to undo or redo changes, add bullet points, change your font, highlight or strikethrough text, and more.
Want to get more out of Google apps at work or school? Sign up for a Google Workspace trial at no charge.
Format your email
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- In the bottom right, tap Compose .
- Add text to your message.
- Double tap the text you want to format.
- Scroll through the formatting options, like bolding, italics, and underline.
Change font size
- Go to your iPhone or iPad Settings.
- Tap Display & Brightness Text Size.