Change your username
You can change the name that's linked to your email address, but you can't change your email address.
Change your name
You can change the name that shows up when you send emails. For example, you could change from "Sports Fan" at email@example.com to "Bob" at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On your computer, open Gmail. You can't change your username from the Gmail app.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the "Send mail as" section, click edit info.
- Add the name you want to show when you send messages.
- At the bottom, click Save Changes.
Remove dots from my email address
If you have a dot in your email address, you don't need to change your address. For example, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are the same address, and emails sent to those addresses go to one inbox.
Learn more about dots in Gmail addresses.
Change your email address
If you want to change your email address, sign up for a new address. After you sign up for a new address, you can transfer emails and contacts from your old address to the new one.
Someone is using my trademark
If you believe someone created a Gmail address using your trademarked name, try contacting them to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, Google does not monitor or control the email addresses selected by Gmail users.
Michelle is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.