Sign out of Gmail
When using public computers like in a library or an Internet cafe, remember that you may still be signed in to any services you’ve been using even after you close the browser. When using a public computer, be sure to sign out of Gmail.
Sign out on a computer
- Open Gmail.
- In the top right corner, click your account photo. If you see your email address at the top instead of a photo, click that.
- Click Sign out.
Tip: Switch accounts without signing out
If you want to sign in to another account, you don't need to sign out of the first one. Instead, you can sign in to several accounts at the same time.
- Sign in to different accounts within the same browser with multiple sign-in.
- Keep your different accounts separate in their own browser windows with multiple users for Chrome.
Sign out of all sessions
If you forgot to sign out of your email on another computer, you can remotely sign out of all Gmail sessions with a couple clicks.
- On a computer, sign in to Gmail.
- At the bottom right corner, click Details.
- Click Sign out all other web sessions.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.