Error while importing contacts
To fix this problem, you may need to reformat the columns and/or headers in your Excel spreadsheet, and then save it as a .csv file. If you still can't import your contacts after reformatting your spreadsheet, try creating a new .csv file. Click here to learn more about creating and editing .csv files.
After creating your .csv file, import your contacts.
Tips to remember when importing contacts:
- The total storage limit for all your contacts is 20 MB. Contact photos do not count towards this limit.
- The maximum size for a contact is 128 KB.
- Non-ASCII or non-Latin characters may not be accepted.
- Any information formatted as a group or distribution list won't transfer into your Gmail Contacts list.
- Importing information that matches the email address of an existing entry will replace the information in your Contacts list with the most recently uploaded information.