The Quick Answer
- Follow the instructions below to set up POP access on the iPhone.
- Google Apps users, follow the default instructions unless otherwise noted, replacing 'your_domain.com' with your actual domain name.
Please note that tapping the 'Gmail' button will automatically configure Gmail IMAP. Here's how to set up POP:
- Tap Mail from your iPhone's Home screen.
- Tap Other.
- Select POP from the tab menu.
- Enter your name, email address, and password in the appropriate fields. The Address field should be your full email address (email@example.com). Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.' If you're accessing your Gmail from multiple POP clients, we recommend using Recent Mode by entering your email address as follows 'recent:firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Under Incoming Mail Server, fill in the Host Name field as 'pop.gmail.com.' Google Apps users, enter the server names provided, don't add your domain name in this step.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), fill in the Host Name field as 'smtp.gmail.com.'
- Tap Save. Now you're done!
If you notice that POP access isn't working properly, please ensure that all your settings are correct by following these instructions:
- From the Home menu, tap Settings.
- Select your Gmail address.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Advanced.
- Ensure that your settings are as follows:
- Uses SSL: ON
- Authentication: Password
For any other iPhone related issues, please visit http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/