If you used Gmail to send an email to someone and it took a while to get there or they never got it, use the tips below to fix the problem.
The recipient never got the email you sent
- Check your Sent Mail and Drafts. If the email isn't there, you might have deleted it before you sent it.
- Ask the recipient to check their Junk or Spam. If it’s there, have them add you to their contacts so the next email goes through.
- Wait a few hours to see if you get a delivery error message.
The email is taking a long time to send
- Make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data. If you're on a slow connection, it could take a while for your email to send.
- If you sent the email from an email client, like Apple Mail or Outlook, try sending it from mail.google.com or the Gmail app instead.
The steps above didn't work
If the tips above didn't fix the problem, have your recipient contact their email provider to see if there are problems getting emails from Gmail.