Follow the steps below to help keep your Gmail account secure.
If you think that someone has unauthorised access to your account, reset your password immediately.
Step 1: Complete a security check-up
Step 2: Follow these Gmail security tips
There are a few settings that you can check to make sure that nobody else has access to your emails.
- Using a browser, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings See all settings.
- Click the tabs below to check your settings.
- Check your signature to make sure that the text looks correct.
- Check your Out of Office AutoReply to make sure that the text looks correct and that it isn't turned on if you don't need it to be.
Accounts and Import tab
- Check 'Send email as' to make sure that all the email addresses listed belong to you.
- Check 'Grant access to your account' to ensure that no unknown people have access to your account.
- Check 'Check email from other accounts (using POP3)' to make sure that all the email addresses listed belong to you.
Filters and Blocked Addresses tab
- Check to make sure that emails aren't being automatically forwarded to an unknown account using a 'Forward to' filter.
- Check that any filters that automatically delete messages ('Delete it') were set up by you.
Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Help About Google Chrome.
The current version number is the series of numbers beneath the 'Google Chrome' heading. Chrome will check for updates when you're on this page.
Click Relaunch to apply any available updates.