Send attachments with your Gmail message
Add attachments, like files or photos, to your emails. To send large files over the size limit, like videos, use Google Drive.
- On your iPhone or iPad, make sure you've downloaded the Gmail app.
- Open the Gmail app .
- Tap Compose Attach .
- Select the file you want to upload.
If you select an image, Gmail will insert it into your message text. To attach the image, tap it Send as attachment.
Tap the file Remove.
You can send up to 25 MB in attachments. If you have more than one attachment, they can't add up to more than 25 MB.
For larger attachments, you can insert using Google Drive.
Attachments won't upload (Desktop)
- Make sure you're using a supported browser.
- Try adding the attachment in another browser.
- If you've set up a web browser proxy, try disabling it.
Attachments might be unavailable
Your network administrator or Internet provider probably blocked "mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com," the domain Google uses to host attachments.
For more help, contact your internet service provider.
Blocked for security reasons
To prevent viruses, Gmail doesn't let you attach executable files, like files ending in .exe.