FAQ: Contacts preview
Contacts preview is the new way to view and edit your contacts on your computer.
FAQI want to use the old Google Contacts
- On the left-hand tab, click More.
- Click Leave the Contacts preview.
- On the left side of the Contacts page, click Try Contacts preview.
If you use Google with a work or school email address (or a personal address that doesn’t end in @gmail.com or @googlemail.com), you won’t see the Contacts preview just yet. We’re working on adding some additional features for you, and plan to launch the Contacts preview for all our users soon.
Your "All contacts" list includes two sets of people:
- Everyone in the "My Contacts" list in the old Contacts. These are the people you’ve added or edited yourself on your computer, and contacts you’ve chosen to sync from your Android device.
- The people in "Your circles" in Google+. To learn more about "Your circles," and to choose which circles are included, see Choose which circles you share with.
If you’re seeing people from your Google+ circles in your "All contacts" list, you can remove them if you like.
Remove Google+ circles from “All contacts” list
- Go to Contacts preview.
- On the left, click More.
- Click Settings.
- In the "Circles" section, uncheck the box.
Now when you go to contacts.google.com, you shouldn’t see people from your Google+ circles in your "All contacts" list. To see their contact information, click Circles in the left-hand menu.
Contacts preview is still pretty new, and we’re working on adding a few features like import, export, and restore contacts. When you try to use one of these features in the Contacts preview, we'll help you go back to the old Contacts so you can use the feature there.
Easier to merge duplicates
When you find and merge duplicate contacts, you can see more information about each duplicate and make faster decisions about whether or not to merge the two contacts.
More contact information in one place
Contact information that someone has shared with you on Google+ and information you’ve manually entered about them will both show on one contact card.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.