Create a Gmail account
To sign up for Gmail, create a Google Account. You can use the username and password to sign in to Gmail and other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, and Google Drive.
- Go to the Google Account creation page.
- Follow the steps on the screen to set up your account.
- Use the account you created to sign in to Gmail.
The username I want is taken
You won't be able to get a certain Gmail address if the username you requested is:
- Already being used
- Very similar to an existing username (for example, if firstname.lastname@example.org already exists, you can't use email@example.com)
- The same as a username that someone used in the past and then deleted
- Reserved by Google to prevent spam or abuse
Someone is impersonating me
If you believe someone has created a Gmail address to try to impersonate your identity, you can:
- File a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center
- Contact your state's Office of Consumer Protection
Andrea is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.