- Can't send mail, or mail is stuck in send
- Not receiving or not loading new mail
- Can't open or read mail
- Inbox not updating
- “Account not synced” error
- Not receiving notifications for new messages
- App is very slow
If you’re having notifications issues, check your Gmail notifications settings.
First, try these common fixes
Usually, one of the checks below helps solve the problem.
Your internet connection might not be working. To check that you’re connected, try visiting a website in your mobile web browser. If you’re using public Wi-Fi, like at a cafe or library, you might need to load a website to accept the Terms & Conditions before you’re actually connected.
Also, make sure Airplane Mode is turned off.
Turn on background app refresh
- Open your device settings.
- Scroll down tap Gmail .
- Turn on Background app refresh.
Depending on your sync settings, the Gmail app will check for new mail every 1 to 30 days.
- Open the Gmail app .
- At the top, tap Menu .
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Select your account.
- Tap Sync settings choose how many days to sync.
Check your storage space
If you use the Gmail app with a non-Gmail address, like @yahoo.com or @hotmail.com, check your email on a computer to check if the sync issues you were experiencing, like not seeing any new mail, are only occurring in the Gmail app.
If you’re not able to view new mail on the computer, check the support information for your email provider.