You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. Your Google Account password is used to access many Google products, such as Gmail and YouTube.
Change your password
On your Android phone or tablet, open your device's Settings app Google Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Security.
- Under ‘Signing in to Google’, tap Password. You might need to sign in.
- Enter your new password, then tap Change password.
- Tip: When you enter your password on a mobile device, the first letter isn't case sensitive.
Reset your password
- Follow the steps to recover your account. You'll be asked some questions to confirm that it's your account, and an email will be sent to you. If you don’t get an email:
- Check your Spam or Bulk Mail folders.
email@example.com your address book.
- To request another email, follow the steps to recover your account .
- Check all email addresses that you might have used to sign up for or sign in to your account.
2. Choose a password that you haven't already used with this account. Learn how to create a strong password.
What happens after you change your password
If you change or reset your password, you’ll be signed out everywhere except:
- Devices you use to verify that it's you when you sign in.
- Some devices with third-party apps to which you've given account access.
- Helpful home devices that you've given account access.
Fix problems with your password
If you're having trouble resetting your password or can’t sign in to your account, get more help.