Assign a Google picture to a contact
You can assign any picture to use for a contact, regardless of whether they've chosen one. This picture selection only appears in your Gmail interface; your contact won't see it.
- Sign in to Gmail at mail.google.com.
- Click Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
- Find your contact by browsing your list, or by search; then, click their name.
- Click Add a picture in the photo area next to your contact's name.
- In the pop-up window that appears, upload a photo from your computer or choose a photo you've already uploaded using the options on the left.
- If you'd like to crop your photo, click and drag on any corner of the selection box to shrink or enlarge it.
- Click Set as contact photo. Don't worry -- any changes you've made won't affect your original file. They'll only appear in Gmail.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.