Change your Gmail profile picture
You can choose a photo to set as your Gmail picture. This image shows up when someone sees your name in their email inbox or chat list.
Change your picture
- From your phone's browser, visit aboutme.google.com.
- Next to your picture, tap Edit .
- On your picture, tap Edit photo .
- Select or upload a photo.
- Crop your photo, then tap Done.
Change your picture's visibility
- On a computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- In the "My Picture" section, select a visibility option.
Visible to everyone: Anyone who you email, or who emails you, can see your picture.
Visible only to people I can chat with: Only people you've given permission to chat with you or see when you're online can see your picture.
Michelle is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.