Change your Gmail profile picture
You can choose a photo to set as your Gmail picture. This image shows up when someone sees your name in their email inbox or chat list.
Change your picture
- Open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- In the "My Picture" section, click Change picture.
- Select or upload a new picture.
- Select the portion of the photo you want to show.
- Click Apply changes.
Change your picture's visibility
- On a computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- In the "My Picture" section, select a visibility option.
Visible to everyone: Anyone who you email, or who emails you, can see your picture.
Visible only to people I can chat with: Only people you've given permission to chat with you or see when you're online can see your picture.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.