You can choose a photo to set as your Gmail profile picture. This image shows up when someone sees your name in their email inbox or chat list.
Your Gmail profile picture is the same as your Google Account picture. Learn how to change your Google Account name and other info.
Change your picture
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top right, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Manage your Google Account.
- On your Google Account page, tap “Personal info.”
- Under “Profile,” tap your current profile picture, tap Set Profile Photo.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to choose or take a photo.
Find an old profile picture
You can find your old profile pictures in your Album Archive.