Emailing Google+ connections
If you use Google+, you can email people in your Google+ circles even if you don't know their email address. You can also control who from Google+ can email you.
Send an email to a Google+ connection
You can send emails to people you've added to a circle on Google+ even if you don't have their email address.
- On your computer, open Gmail. This feature is only available from a browser.
- Click Compose.
In the "To" field, type the name of the person. If there's a match in your Google+ circles, you'll see their name and photo.
Control which Google+ connections can email you
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to the "Email via Google+" section.
- Using the drop-down menu, choose one of these options:
- Anyone on Google+: People who have you in their circles.
- Extended Circles: People who are part of your circles' circles.
- Circles: People you've added to your circles yourself.
- No one: Only people who have your email address can email you.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
If someone emailed you from Google+ and you want to keep getting messages from them, reply to their email or add them to your circles.
If someone emailed you from Google+ and you don't want to keep getting messages from them, click Report Spam or Abuse.