Send or unsend Gmail messages
You can send or unsend messages from a browser or the Gmail app.
Write an email
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the bottom right, tap Compose .
- In the "To" field, add recipients. If you want, you can also add recipients in the "Cc" and "Bcc" fields.
- Add a subject.
- Write your message.
- At the top of the page, tap Send .
Tip: To add formatting, like bolding or changing the text color, select the text you want to format, then tap .
- Right after you send a message, you'll see the message "Sent" and the option to Undo.
- Tap Undo.
Options for adding message recipients
When you add recipients to your message, you have the option to add a "Cc" field. Anyone in this field will see the other recipients of the message.
"Cc" is often used to add recipients to an email who don't need to take any action.
If you're sending a message and want to hide a recipient's email address, you can add them in the "Bcc" field.
How "Bcc" works:
- The recipients won't know that you added anyone to "Bcc."
- Anyone you add to the "Bcc" field will see that they were added using "Bcc." They will also see message recipients in the "To" and "Cc" fields.
Note: If they don't use Gmail, they may not see this information.
- People you add in "Bcc" can't see the name or email address of anyone else you add in the "Bcc" field.
- If people reply all to a message, people in "Bcc" won't see the reply.
When you write a message, you'll add the recipients in the "To," "Cc," or "Bcc" fields.
To add more than one recipient, put a comma between each name or email address. You can also click “To,” “Cc,” or “Bcc” to add recipients or manage your contact labels.
If you need to send an email to multiple people, you can also create a group.
Note: You can add a group email address in the "To," “Cc,” or “Bcc” fields.