Sync contacts with your Apple or Android device
You can see your Google Contacts on other devices, including your iPhone. When you create, edit, or delete your Google Contacts, those changes sync with all the devices you use your contacts on.
Sync contacts with your iPhone or iPad
- Go to your device's Settings app.
- Tap Contacts AccountsAdd Account Google.
- Type your email and password. If you use 2-Step verification, use an app password.
- Tap Next.
- Switch "Contacts" on. If you see a pop-up, choose whether you want to keep or delete existing contacts on your device before you sync Google Contacts.
- At the top, tap Save.
- To start syncing, open your Contacts app.
Sync work or school contact details
If you use Contacts with a work or school account, some details, like job titles from a company directory, might not show up. To sync all contact details, get Google+ and learn how to set up Google Sync.
Contacts aren't syncing
If you’re having problems syncing your Google Contacts, try these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap ContactsAccounts.
- Tap your CardDAV account.
- Switch "Contacts" on.
- Tap Account Advanced.
- Switch "Use SSL" on.
- To save your changes, tap Account Done.
If you’re still having problems syncing your contacts, visit the help forum.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.