Reply to or forward a message (Android)
Reply: Touch Reply at the top of the message.
Reply all: Touch Menu at the top of the message and select Reply all.
Forward: Touch Menu at the top of the message and select Forward.
Once you start replying or fowarding, you can also use the menu at the top to choose whether to reply, reply all, or forward.
- Attachments: Attachments are included automatically in messages you forward, but not in messages you reply to. Learn how to download or add attachments.
- Change recipients: To remove a contact, touch the contact's name and then X. To add a recipient, start typing the name or address of your contact in the To field. To add Cc or Bcc fields, touch the down arrow next to the To field.
- Quote text: If you don't want to include the original message text in your new message, uncheck the box next to "Quote text."
- Respond inline: If you'd like to add your response within the text of the original message, touch Respond inline.
You can continue a conversation by replying to a message or by forwarding it.
- Touch the Reply button in the message header. Or touch the arrow and touch Reply all or Forward. You can change the default button from Reply to Reply all your Gmail account settings.
- All of the messages in the conversation, up to the one you are replying to or forwarding, are included in the new message; any messages that follow the message you forward are omitted.
- Touch the Send icon.
Attachments are included automatically in messages you forward, but not in messages you reply to.
If you want to interleave your message with the text of the old one, you can touch Respond inline . However, this removes any attachments or formatting in the original message.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.