Export Gmail contacts into CSV file
- Sign in to Gmail.
- At the top left, click Gmail > Contacts.
- Click More > Export... .
- Choose whether to export all contacts or only one group.
- Select the format in which you'd like to export your contacts' information. Note that some of these formats can lose some contact information.
- To transfer contacts between Google Accounts, use the Google CSV format. This is the recommended way to back up your Google Contacts.
- To transfer contacts to Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, or various other apps, use the Outlook CSV format.
- To transfer contacts to Apple Address Book, use the vCard format.
- Click Export.
- Choose Save to Disk > OK.
- Select a location to save your file, and click OK.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.
Was this article helpful?