Change the "From" address when replying or forwarding
If you use the “Send mail as” feature to send from different addresses in your account, you can change the address in the “From” field when replying or forwarding.Desktop
- Open Gmail.
- Open the message.
- Click Reply, Reply to all, or Forward.
- Click the space to the right of the recipient’s address.
- Click your address.
- Choose one of your addresses from the drop-down menu.
Change your default setting
You can choose your default reply behavior to either reply from the same address that the message was sent to, or reply using a default address.
- Open Gmail.
- Click the gear in the top right .
- Select Settings.
- Open the Accounts tab.
- In the “Send mail as” section, choose your setting under “When replying to a message.”
If you have multiple accounts, you can compose messages in Gmail and have them appear to be sent from your other email account. If you already use a custom From address in Gmail, you don't have to do any extra set up on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Touch Compose .
- Touch From and choose one of your addresses.
Set up a new address
If you don't see "From" while composing, you need to change your Gmail settings on a computer so you can send mail as that address:
- Open Gmail on a computer.
- Follow the directions to send mail as another address.