When you choose the "priority inbox" setting, your emails are automatically split into three sections: important and unread, starred, and everything else.
Turn on priority inbox
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- To configure your inbox, go to the top right, then click Settings .
- In the "Inbox type" section, select Priority Inbox.
- To customize priority inbox setting, click Customize.
- Choose the inbox sections you want to show Save Changes.
Learn how emails get marked as important
Learn about importance markers in Gmail, including how importance markers get automatically added.