Report messages asking for personal information (phishing)
If you see a suspicious message asking you for personal information, like passwords or credit card numbers, you can report the message as phishing. If you don't have a Gmail account, but would like to report a Gmail user who is sending phishing messages, fill out this form.
When you report a message as phishing, Google will look into the reported email to investigate the issue.Computer
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Open the message you'd like to report.
- At the top-right corner of the message, click the down arrow next to the "Reply" button.
- Select Report Phishing.
- Open the message, or touch and hold the message while viewing your inbox.
- Touch the menu ( or your device's menu button).
- Touch Report phishing.
- Check the box next to the message, or open the message.
- At the top-right, touch the down arrow.
- Touch Report phishing .
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.