If you have duplicate contacts, there are two ways you can fix this problem: merge your contacts manually, or have the system find and merge contacts automatically, including duplicate data within contacts.
Merge contacts manually
- Select the contacts you'd like to merge from your contacts list.
- Click the More drop-down menu, and select Merge contacts.
- Make any edits to the suggested solution (if you'd like to change anything).
- Click Save at the top of the page.
Merge contacts automatically
- Open the Contact Manager.
- On the drop-down menu, click More.
- Select Find and merge duplicates.
- You'll see the contacts with duplicate data listed.
- If an entry has two or more contacts, be sure to check whether these are duplicate contacts; many people have similar names. You can expand them by clicking details next to each one and unchecking any that you don't want to fix.
- When you're ready, click Merge at the top of the list.
- Open Contacts Preview.
- On the left-hand menu, click Find duplicates.
- Merge contacts.
- To merge one-by-one, click the gray Merge button at the top of each duplicate.
- To merge all the duplicates, click the blue Merge all button at the top right of the page.