Express yourself and quickly respond to emails with emojis.
Add an emoji reaction
In Gmail, you can find the emoji reaction option on each message.
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- Open a message you want to reply to.
- Click Add emoji reaction :
- At the top of the message, next to Reply .
- Below the message.
- Select an emoji.
- The emoji you select appears at the bottom of the email.
- To discover who reacted to an email, hover over the emoji reaction you want to check.
- To reuse the reaction someone else added to the email, click the existing reaction chip.
- To add an emoji for any message in the thread, click More in the message, then Add reaction.
Remove an emoji reaction
To remove an emoji reaction, in the notification at the bottom of your message, click Undo.
Important: Depending on your “Undo Send” settings in Gmail, you have from 5 up to 30 seconds to remove an emoji reaction after you add it. To change the amount of time, update the send cancellation period for Gmail messages in “Settings.” Learn how to change unsend settings in Gmail.
Emoji reactions may look different and may appear as an email with a link that says “[Name] reacted via Gmail” if you:
- Use an older version of the Gmail app. Update your Gmail app.
- Set your conversation view to off. Learn about conversation settings.
- Don't have a Gmail address. Learn how to create a Gmail account.
- Use a third-party email, like Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
- Use a work or school account.
Unable to send emoji reactions
You can’t react to an email if:
- You have a work or school account. Learn more about work or school accounts.
- The message is sent to a group email list.
- A message is sent to more than 20 recipients.
- You're in BCC.
- You’ve already sent more than 20 reactions to the same message.
- You open the email in another email provider, like Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
- A message is encrypted with Client-side encryption. Learn about Gmail Client-side encryption.
- The sender has a custom reply-to address.