Gmail Offline: Troubleshoot or uninstall
Gmail Offline is only available for the Google Chrome web browser. Download Google Chrome.
- If you close Google Chrome while you're online, sync will stop, so make sure you keep Chrome open if you want your changes to sync between online and offline.
- If you’re working offline in Chrome and then you later access Gmail from a different browser or device, you won’t see the changes you made offline until Gmail Offline syncs.
- If you have any trouble with Gmail Offline, you can delete all data associated with mail.google.com to start over. See directions below.
Remove offline data
- Type chrome://settings/cookies into your address bar and press Enter.
- Search for mail.google.com.
- Click Remove all.
- Click Done and close the page.
- Not all Gmail features are available for Gmail Offline.
- Single Sign-on users may have problems logging in from "mail.google.com." As a workaround, sign in at your domain's standard sign in page before opening Gmail Offline.
Uninstall Gmail Offline
- Remove offline data using the steps above if you haven’t already.
- Open a new tab in Chrome.
- Click Apps in the bookmarks bar near the top of the page.
- Right click the Gmail Offline icon.
- Select Remove from Chrome.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.
Was this article helpful?