Information about your contacts in Gmail
When you open a message in Gmail from someone who’s part of your contacts, you'll see information about that person on the right.
Information you might see about your contact
- Personal information, like their name, email address, or job. This information comes from Google Contacts.
- Recent Google+ posts the person made.
- Recent emails, photos, or documents the person sent to you.
- Google Calendar events, if the contact shared their calendar with you.
If there are multiple people on an email message, click More to see information about each person in the conversation.
Stop showing information about contacts in Gmail
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to the "People widget" section.
- Select Hide the people widget.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.