Easily sort through your email while you're on the go with Priority Inbox on a mobile device. Priority inbox is available with limited feature support when you use Gmail on a mobile browser with an Apple or Android device.
Using Priority Inbox on your mobile device
- To use Priority Inbox on your mobile device, you should first enable Priority Inbox on the desktop version of Gmail.
- Once enabled on your desktop, you can access the Priority Inbox sections by touching Menu in the blue bar at the top of your Gmail.
- Select one of your Priority Inbox sections ("Important and Unread," "Starred," and "Everything else") to browse your priority conversations. Important messages are marked with the following icons:
indicates important messages sent directly to you.
indicates important messages that you were CC’d on.
indicates important messages that you received as part of a group.
The settings enabled on your desktop Gmail account are the same settings used when you access Priority Inbox through a mobile browser. The only exception is that the default number of conversations shown in Priority Inbox for your mobile device can’t be changed.
The mobile browser version of Priority Inbox currently doesn’t support all desktop features. The list below highlights the main differences:
- The ability to mark conversations as "Important" or "Not important" is not available yet.
- It's not possible to view all Priority Inbox sections on a single screen.
- Conversations that can be filtered in to more than one Priority Inbox will appear in multiple sections.
For the full feature version of Priority Inbox, use Gmail on your desktop computer. If you have an Android device, you can use the the ‘Gmail’ app (version 2.3.2 or higher) to access additional mobile features.