You can pick a theme to change your Gmail background. On a computer, you can make your background:
- The default theme
- Dark theme
- Other available themes
- A photo uploaded to your Google Photos
- To use an uploaded photo as your background, add the photo to Google Photos. Learn how to back up photos and videos.
- Some themes allow you to change the text background, make corners darker, or blur the background. If these options aren't available, you can't make changes to the selected theme.
- To save battery and make it easier to view messages on mobile, change to Dark theme.
Change the background theme
Important: Dark theme is only available on Android 10 and up.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- At the top left, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings General settings.
- Tap Theme.
- Choose Light, Dark, or System default.