ActiveX errors are caused by certain browser settings and misconfigured system files. To fix the problem, please adjust the settings in Internet Explorer by following the steps below:
- Click the Tools menu at the top of your browser, and select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab at the top of the dialogue box, and set Medium as the Security level for this zone.
- Click Custom Level button and ensure that the following are set to Enabled:
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Click OK after these settings are enabled.
- Click OK again to save your changes.
- Log in to Gmail again.
- Click the Start button in Windows.
- Select Run.
- Enter regsvr32 msxml3.dll in the Open: field, and click OK.
After making this change, please close all instances of Internet Explorer and open a new browser window to log back in to Gmail.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.
Was this article helpful?