Uninstall Google Notifier
Google Notifier Beta is no longer supported. If you want to continue to receive notifications, you can use any of the following alternatives to Google Notifier Beta using the Chrome browser:
- To see the number of unread messages in your inbox at a glance, install the Gmail Checker Chrome app.
- To preview new messages on your desktop, go to Gmail's settings and enable Desktop Notifications.
- To get Calendar notifications on the desktop, go to Calendar's settings > Labs > Enable Gentle reminders > Save. Then you can go back to the "General" settings page and make sure that "Show floating desktop notifications" is checked.
Uninstall the Google Notifier
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program under "Programs."
- Select Google Gmail Notifier in the list.
- Click Uninstall.
Note: Directions for uninstalling may be different for your version of Windows.
- Open the Applications folder on your computer.
- Find the Google Notifier icon.
- Drag the icon to the Trash.
If you get the error "The item “Google Notifier” can’t be moved to the Trash because it’s open" you'll need to quit Google Notifier before uninstalling:
- If you see a Gmail icon at the top of your screen near the time, click the Gmail icon and select Quit All Google Notifiers.
- If you don't see a Gmail icon, follow these steps:
- Open the application Activity Monitor.
- In the search bar at the top of the window, type
- Double-click Google Notifier under "Process Name."
- Click Quit and again choose Quit when asked to confirm.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.