Before you start
You can create branded emails with these Google Workspace editions:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Standard
- Education Plus
If you don't see the feature, you may need to contact your Google Workspace administrator.
Tip: Workspace Individual subscribers can fully customise email designs using a different version of Layouts. Learn more about creating branded emails with Workplace Individual here.
Create a branded email
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- In the top left, click Compose .
- At the bottom of the window, click Layouts .
- If you haven’t used layouts before, click Customise styling.
- Enter details to build your design. You can customise your layout with:
- Footer details
- After you change your preferences, click Save & continue.
- Style changes only affect your new email layout.
- Select a layout.
- Click Insert.
- After you add the layout to the body of the email, you can add text and images or remove sections you don’t want.
- If you include a button, make sure you set a link for the button.
- If you add images, Google recommends that you include ALT text in case an image is not rendered. ALT text also helps people who use screen readers to better understand your branded email.