- Create branded emails
- Use customizable layouts
Before you start
You can create branded emails with these Google Workspace editions:
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Standard
- Education Plus
If you don't see the feature, you may need to contact your Google Workspace administrator.
Tip: Workspace Individual subscribers can fully customize email designs using a different version of Layouts. Learn more about creating branded emails with Workplace Individual here.
Create a branded email
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- In the top left, click Compose .
- At the bottom of the window, click Layouts .
- If you haven’t used layouts before, click Customize styling.
- Enter details to build your design. You can customize your layout with:
- Footer Details
- After you change your preferences, click Save & continue.
- Style changes only affect your new email layout.
- Tip: You can include your business name and address in the footer details.
- Select a layout.
- Click Insert.
- After you add the layout to the body of the email, you can add text and images or remove sections you don’t want.
- If you include a button, make sure you set a link for the button.
- If you add images, Google recommends you include alt text in case an image is not rendered. Alt text also helps people who use screen readers better understand your branded email.
- To change an image in an email template:
- Click the image Change image.
- Select an image.
- Click Next.
- Crop the image as needed.
- Click Insert.