Let your users choose the metrics to display in charts and tables.
You can make your charts and tables more flexible by adding optional metrics. This lets you change which columns or fields you want to see in the chart without having to edit the chart configuration each time.
Add optional metrics
- Edit your report.
- Select or add a chart.
- On the right, in the properties panel, select the SETUP tab.
- Under Metric, turn on Optional metrics.
- Click +Add metric or drag the metric from the Available fields panel.
Select optional metrics in a chart
- View or edit your report.
- Hover over a chart with optional metrics, then in the header, click .
- Select the optional metrics from the list.
The number of optional metrics you can select depends on the chart type and number of required metrics already present in the chart.
Restore the default fields
To revert the chart to its default field set, hover over the chart, then click .
Limits of optional metrics
- You can have a maximum of 10 optional metrics per chart.
- Optional metrics are not available for scatter charts or Google Maps.