Version: December 22, 2022
- The Looker Studio galleries, available at https://lookerstudio.google.com/data, https://lookerstudio.google.com/gallery, https://lookerstudio.google.com/visualization, and in-product (as applicable) (collectively, the "Galleries") are owned and operated by Google LLC. ("Google"). Submitters can have their Products (as defined below) published and distributed to Looker Studio users via the Galleries for use in connection with Looker Studio. A "Submitter" and/or "You/you" is defined as any person or company, including but not limited to developers and Looker Studio report owners, permitted to submit Products for publication and distribution on the Galleries in accordance with terms of this Agreement (as defined below). A "Product" is defined as any software, content (including but not limited to Looker Studio reports), and/or digital materials created for use in connection with Looker Studio and distributed via the Galleries.
- Accepting this Agreement
- Your use of the Galleries to distribute Products is governed by a legal agreement between you and Google consisting of the Google Terms of Service (found at https://www.google.com/accounts/tos) and this agreement ("Submitter Agreement") (and collectively, along with the Program Policies (as defined below), the "Agreement"). In order to use the Galleries to distribute Products, you must first agree to this Agreement where this option is made available to you. In addition, your use of the Galleries to distribute a Product is subject to the policies, available at https://developer.chrome.com/webstore/program_policies ("CWS Policies") (as, modified from time to time, and collectively, the "Program Policies"). This Submitter Agreement, the Program Policies, and the Google Terms of Service shall take precedence in that order in event of a conflict between them (to the extent of such conflict).
- You may not publish or distribute Products on the Galleries if you do not accept this Agreement.
- You may not use the Galleries to distribute Products and may not enter into this Agreement if you are (a) not of legal age to form a binding contract with Google, or (b) a person or entity barred from using Google products or services under the laws of the United States or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use Google products or services.
- You represent and warrant that you have full power, capacity, and authority to accept this Agreement. If you are agreeing to be bound by this Agreement on behalf of your employer or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind your employer or such entity to this Agreement. If you do not have the requisite authority, you may not accept the Agreement or use the Galleries on behalf of your employer or other entity. If you are an individual accepting the Agreement (either on your behalf or on behalf of a legal entity), you represent you are at least 18 years of age.
- You will be solely responsible for any support and maintenance of your Products and any complaints about your Products. If you are providing a Product (as applicable), your support contact information will be displayed in each application detail page and made available to users for customer support purposes. If you are providing a Product, your author title, link to your site (if provided) and Product will be listed (as applicable). Failure to provide adequate support for your Products may result in removal from the Galleries or from Looker Studio or anywhere where previously downloaded Products are stored on behalf of users.
- Users may be allowed unlimited reinstalls of certain Products distributed via the Galleries, provided however that if you remove a Product(s) from the Galleries pursuant to clauses (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) of Section 6(a), such Product(s) shall be removed from all portions of the Galleries and users shall no longer have a right or ability to reinstall the affected Products.
- Use of the Galleries by You
- Except for the license rights granted by you in Section 4 below, Google agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under this Agreement in or to any of Products, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in those applications.
- You agree to use the Galleries only for purposes that are permitted by (a) this Agreement and any applicable Galleries policies and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries).
- You agree that if you use the Galleries to distribute Products, you will protect the privacy and legal rights of users. If the users provide you with, or your Product accesses or uses, user names, passwords, or other login information or personal information, you must make the users aware that the information will be available to your Product, and you must provide legally adequate privacy notice and protection for those users. Further, your Product may only use that information for the limited purposes for which the user has given you permission to do so. If your Product stores personal or sensitive information provided by users, it must do so securely and only for as long as it is needed. But if the user has opted into a separate agreement with you that allows you or your Product to store or use personal or sensitive information directly related to your Product (not including other products or applications) then the terms of that separate agreement will govern your use of such information. If the user provides your Product with Google Account information, your Product may only use that information to access the user's Google Account when, and for the limited purposes for which, the user has given you permission to do so.
- Prohibited Actions.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity with the Galleries, including the development or distribution of Products or other materials (including any links that are provided to your site(s)), that violates Program Policies or that: (1) knowingly violates a third party's terms of service; (2) violates any applicable laws or regulations, or is defamatory or fraudulent (including, but not limited to pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organization that you do not represent); (3) creates a spammy user experience, whether by posting repetitive content or misleading; or (4) includes personal or confidential information (such as credit card numbers, health information, SSN or any other information not publicly accessible).
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) the Galleries by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Google, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Google.
- You may not divert users or provide links to any other site that mimics the Galleries or passes itself off as the Galleries.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Google has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any Products you distribute through the Galleries and for the consequences of your actions (including without limitation any loss or damage of data which Google or a user may suffer) by doing so.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Google has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under this Agreement, any applicable third party contract or terms of service, or any applicable law or regulation, and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Google or any third party may suffer) of any such breach.
- Please note that Google has no obligation to display a submitted Product in the Galleries, and, at its sole discretion: (1) may decide not to publish a Product; (2) reserves the right to remove any or all posted Products; (3) reserves the right to present Products in an order of its choosing.
- License Grants
- You grant to Google and its affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, and royalty-free license to: (a) host, link to, copy, translate, publicly perform, reproduce, publicly display, test, distribute and otherwise use the Products and any content contained in, accessed by, or transmitted through the Products and (b) copy, perform, display, and use the Product for administrative and demonstration purposes in connection with the operation and marketing of the Galleries.
- You grant to the user a non-exclusive, worldwide, and perpetual license to perform, display, and use the Products and any content contained in, accessed by, or transmitted through the Products in connection with Looker Studio. If you choose, you may include a separate end user license agreement (EULA) in your Product that will govern the user's rights to the Products in lieu of the previous sentence.
- Google may use consultants and other contractors in connection with the performance of obligations and exercise of rights under this Agreement, provided that such consultants and contractors will be subject to the same obligations as Google. After termination of this Agreement, Google will not distribute your Product, but may retain and use copies of the Product for support of the Galleries.
- You represent and warrant that you have all and will maintain all necessary rights to grant the licenses to the Products and any content contained in, accessed by, or transmitted through the Products to Google, its affiliates, and users of your Products.
- Except for the license rights granted in this Agreement, (a) you retain all rights in the Products; and (b) each party retains all rights it would have independent of this Agreement, including rights under the U.S. Copyright Act or analogous laws in other jurisdictions. Google acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under this Agreement in or to any content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Products, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Google, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Google has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
- Brand Features and Publicity
- "Brand Features" means the trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features of each party, respectively, as owned (or licensed) by such party from time to time.
- Each party shall own all right, title and interest, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, relating to its Brand Features. Except to the limited extent expressly provided in this Agreement, neither party grants, nor shall the other party acquire, any right, title or interest (including, without limitation, any implied license) in or to any Brand Features of the other party. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You grant to Google and its affiliates a limited, non-exclusive license during the term of this Agreement to display Your Brand Features furnished by You to Google under this Agreement solely for use in connection with the Galleries and in order to fulfill its obligations under this Agreement. Subject to Section 5(c), nothing in this Agreement gives You a right to use any of Google's trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features. Google and its affiliates may include Your Brand Features furnished by You to Google under this Agreement in presentations, marketing materials, press releases, and customer lists (which includes, without limitation, customer lists posted on Google websites) for purposes of marketing the Galleries.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Google grants You a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, worldwide, royalty-free license during the term of this Agreement to display the Brand Features provided by Google to You solely for the purpose of promoting Your participation in the Galleries. With respect to any use of Google's Brand Features by You, You agree to adhere to Google's then current brand feature use guidelines located www.google.com/permissions.
- Product Takedowns, Review, and Updates
- You may request removal of your Products from future distribution via the Galleries at any time, but you must comply with this Agreement for any Products distributed through the Galleries. Removing your Products from future distribution via the Galleries does not (a) affect the license rights of users who have previously accessed or downloaded your Products, (b) remove your Products from Looker Studio or from anywhere where previously accessed or downloaded Products are stored on behalf of users, or (c) change your obligation to deliver or support Products that have been previously accessed or downloaded by users. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will Google maintain on any portion of the Galleries (including, without limitation, the part of Looker Studio or anywhere where previously accessed or downloaded Products are stored on behalf of users) any Product that you have removed from the Galleries and provided written notice to Google that such removal was due to (i) an allegation of infringement, or actual infringement, of any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person, (ii) an allegation of defamation or actual defamation, (iii) an allegation of violation, or actual violation, of any third party's right of publicity or privacy, or (iv) an allegation or determination that such Product does not comply with applicable law.
- While Google is not obligated to monitor the Products or their content, Google may at any time review or test your Products and their source code for compliance with this Agreement, the Galleries Program Policies, and any other applicable terms, obligations, laws, or regulations, and may use automated means to conduct such review. Google retains the right to refuse to include a Product on the Galleries in its sole discretion. You may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Galleries, or as part of your continued use of the Galleries. You agree that any information you give to Google will always be accurate, correct and up to date. As part of the specification for your Product, Google may ask that you include in the file for your Product information such as your name and email address. Google may use this information when featuring the Product in our directory or for other uses. If Google is notified by you or otherwise becomes aware and determines in its sole discretion that a Product or any portion thereof or your Brand Features (a) violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party; (b) violates any applicable law or is subject to an injunction; (c) is pornographic, obscene or otherwise violates Google's hosting policies or other terms of service as may be updated by Google from time to time in its sole discretion; (d) is being distributed by you improperly; (e) may create liability for Google or any third party; (f) is deemed by Google to have a virus or is deemed to be malware, spyware or have an adverse impact on Google's or a third party's network; (g) violates the terms of this Agreement or the Galleries Program Policies; (h) the display of the Product is impacting the integrity of Google servers (i.e., users are unable to access such content or otherwise experience difficulty); (i) is deemed by Google to add undue risk to Looker Studio's or the Galleries' users data or impair the user experience of Looker Studio or the Galleries; or (j) is subject to user complaints in regards to your breach of your EULA, Google may: prevent the Product from being made available in the Galleries; remove the Product from the Galleries; remotely disable or remove the Product from Looker Studio or from anywhere where previously purchased or downloaded Products are stored on behalf of users; flag, filter, or modify related materials (including but not limited to descriptions, screenshots, or metadata); or reclassify the Product at its sole discretion. Google reserves the right to suspend or bar any Product from the Galleries at its sole discretion.
- From time to time, Google may check for available updates to Products, including but not limited to bug fixes or enhanced functionality. If you upload an update for your Product to the Galleries, you agree that such update will be automatically requested, downloaded, and installed without further notice to you. Google makes no guarantees regarding the timing of such updates. For the avoidance of doubt, updates to Products are subject to the same terms and conditions as the Products, including without limitation, Section 6b of this Agreement.
- Google is not in any way responsible for the subsequent use or misuse by users who access your Product.
- Your Submitter Credentials
- You agree you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any credentials or keys that may be issued to you by Google or which you may choose yourself and that you will be solely responsible for all applications that are developed under your credentials.
- Google may limit the number of Products that you or the company you work for may publish to the Galleries.
- Google, at its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your right to distribute Products on the Galleries for any reason, including but not limited to: (1) violation of the Agreement or the any applicable Galleries policies, or (2) infringement upon any intellectual property rights, including copyright.
- Terminating this Agreement
- This Agreement will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Google as set out below.
- If you want to terminate this Agreement, you must provide Google with thirty (30) days prior written notice (unless this Agreement terminates under Section 12) and cease your use of any relevant Submitter credentials. If you decide to terminate this Agreement and stop distributing Products via the Galleries, such election will not serve to withdraw the licenses granted to Google and users under Section 4 of this Agreement. In order to stop distributing Products via the Galleries, you must, (i) with respect to third party community connectors, request removal at https://developers.google.com/looker-studio/connector/publish-connector (ii) with respect to third party Looker Studio reports, request removal at https://support.google.com/looker-studio/answer/7540410,and (iii) with respect to visualizations, request removal at https://developers.google.com/looker-studio/visualization/publish, in which case the Product will be removed within a reasonable amount of time .
- Google may at any time terminate this Agreement with you if: (1) you have breached any provision of this Agreement; or (2) Google is required to do so by law; or (3) Google decides to no longer provide the Galleries.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE GALLERIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE GALLERIES IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE TIMING, FREQUENCY, OR IMPLEMENTATION OF DISTRIBUTION OF ANY UPDATES TO YOUR PRODUCTS.
- YOUR USE OF THE GALLERIES AND ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE GALLERIES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
- GOOGLE FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT GOOGLE, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER OR NOT GOOGLE OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
- Indemnification. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Google, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) your use of the Galleries in violation of this Agreement, the Program Policies, or any applicable laws or regulations, and (b) your Product that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, and (c) any third party claims arising out of or relating to your Product or your use of the Galleries.
- Changes to the Agreement. Google may make changes to this Agreement from time to time. When these changes are made, Google will make a new copy of the Agreement available on the Galleries site(s). The changes will become effective, and will be deemed accepted by you, (a) immediately for those who become Submitters after the notification is posted, or (b) for pre-existing Submitters, the modified Agreement will become effective upon your acceptance of the modified Agreement (except changes required by law which will be effective immediately) or 7 days after the posting of the notification if you continue to use the Galleries.
- General Legal Terms
- This Agreement constitutes the whole legal agreement between you and Google and governs your use of the Galleries, and replaces any prior agreements between you and Google in relation to the Galleries.
- You agree that if Google does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in this Agreement (or which Google has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Google's rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Google.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of this Agreement is invalid, then that provision will be removed from this Agreement without affecting the rest of this Agreement. The remaining provisions of this Agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- You acknowledge and agree that each member of the group of companies of which Google is the parent shall be third party beneficiaries to this Agreement and that such other companies shall be entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of this Agreement that confers a benefit on (or rights in favor of) them. Other than this, no other person or company shall be third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. PRODUCTS ON THE GALLERIES MAY BE SUBJECT TO EXPORT CONTROLS OR RESTRICTIONS BY THE UNITED STATES OR OTHER COUNTRIES OR TERRITORIES. YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE U.S. AND INTERNATIONAL EXPORT LAWS AND REGULATIONS. THESE LAWS INCLUDE RESTRICTIONS ON DESTINATIONS, END USERS, AND END USE.
- No party may assign any part of this Agreement without the written consent of the other, except to an affiliate where: (a) the assignee has agreed to be bound by the terms of this Agreement; (b) the assigning party remains liable for obligations under the Agreement if the assignee defaults on them; and (c) the assigning party has notified the other party of the assignment. Any other attempt to assign is void.
- This Agreement, and your relationship with Google under this Agreement, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You and Google agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California to resolve any legal matter arising from this Agreement. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Google shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
- Notwithstanding termination of this Agreement, any provisions of this Agreement that by their nature are intended to survive, will survive termination.