Share your reports with other people by sending them an email invitation to visit Looker Studio. You can invite specific people or Google Groups. You can also share more broadly by letting anyone with the link access your Looker Studio reports.
How to share a report
- Sign in to Looker Studio.
- View or edit the report you want to share.
- In top the right, click Share. The Share with others dialog appears.
To share from the Reports home page, locate the report you want to share, then on the right, click More , then click Share.
How sharing reports works
- No login is required to view a report shared using public link sharing.
- A Google login is required to view or edit a report that's been shared using their email address or Google Group.
- Sharing a report with embedded data sources lets other editors use and edit those data sources in that report.
- Sharing a report doesn't automatically share any reusable data sources added to that report.
- To learn how to share a reusable data source, see this article.
- Sharing a report's reusable data sources is NOT required to let others view or edit the report.
Share with specific users and groups
- Open the Share with others dialog.
- Under Add people, enter the names or email addresses of the people with whom you want to share. You can also share with Google Groups.
- Select the access permission for the people and groups you've specified:
Can edit: Users can edit the asset and share it with others.
- Can view: Users can see the asset, but can't edit or share it with others.
- To set different permissions for different people, click Manage access.
- By default, people you invite receive an email with a link to the asset you're sharing. Uncheck Notify people to not send that email.
- Click Send.
Google Workspace users:
Your admin may restrict sharing to other users within your organization. If that's the case, you'll see an error message if you try to share externally.
Share with non-Google accounts
To directly invite people to access your report, they must have a Google account. To share with non-Google accounts, you have several options:
- Ask the person you’re sharing with if they have a Google Account that you can share with. This could be:
- A personal account that ends in @gmail.com.
- A work or school account they use for Google products like Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- If the person doesn’t have a Google Account, they’ll need to sign up for one before you can share the report.
- To help them sign up, send them this link: https://accounts.google.com/signupwithoutgmail.
- Use another sharing method, such as link sharing or emailing a PDF.
Public link sharing
Link sharing lets you distribute your reports more widely than directly inviting individual people or groups. For example, you can turn link sharing on to share Looker Studio reports with non-Google accounts, include them in emails, blogs or social posts, or embed them in your website.
Use caution when using link sharing, as this may expose your data to a wider audience than you intended.
To get a shareable link
- Open the Share with others dialog.
- Click Manage access.
- On the right, use the drop-down menu to select the link sharing option that best meets your needs.
Link sharing options
If you are a standard user of Looker Studio, you have the following link sharing options:
- Anyone on the Internet can find and view.
- Anyone on the Internet can find and edit
- Anyone with the link can view.
- Anyone with the link can edit.
- Off - Only specific people can access.
Google Workspace link sharing options
If you are a Google Workspace user, your link sharing options may be restricted to users in you domain.