You can use Looker Studio to gain insights about your data, then export that data for use in other tools.In this article:
To export data from a chart
- View the report.
- Hover over the chart you wish to export.
- Right-click on the chart or click and select Export.
- Enter a name for your export and select an Export As option:
- CSV creates a comma separated text file.
- CSV (Excel) creates a comma separated text file where non-ASCII characters are encoded properly for use in Excel™.
- Google Sheets sends your data directly to Sheets.
Select the Keep value formatting option if you wish to retain the number and date formats applied in Looker Studio in the exported data.
Can't see the menu?
Sometimes other components on the page can obscure the menu. If you can edit the report, try increasing the space around your charts.
It's also possible the owner of the report has prevented exporting the data (see below).
How data export works
Data export saves the information from a chart to the file format you select. (Data export doesn't save an image of the chart, just its data.)
Data export is available in view mode. Data export works on an individual chart basis. Only the data available to you in that chart is exported. Any filters, date range controls, or Google Analytics segments currently in place are also applied to the exported data. This lets you use the Looker Studio report to fine-tune your data before exporting it.
Export from tables
You can control how much data to export from a table using the Show pagination option, located in the table's STYLE tab, and the Rows per page option, located in the DATA tab.
- When Show pagination is enabled, all data in the table is exported. The number of rows per page has no effect on the amount of data exported.
- When Show pagination is disabled, only the number of rows shown in the table are exported.
Prevent others from exporting data
You can prevent other people from exporting data from your report as part of the report's sharing options. Learn more.
Limits of exporting data from a chart
You can export up to 750,000 rows of data from a chart.