When embedding is enabled, a Looker Studio report supports up to 30,000 free Google Map loads per month. Map loads are counted for both embedded and non-embedded views of the report, as well as for PDF download and email views. If your report exceeds the free quota, Google Maps in the report display an error.
You can increase the number of map loads allowed by adding a Google Maps API key to the report.
Create a Google Maps API key
- On the Using API Keys page, click Go to the Credentials page.
- If prompted, select your billing project.
- In the top left, click + CREATE CREDENTIALS.
- (Optional but recommended) Click RESTRICT KEY.
Restrict the API key to your reports
We recommend that you restrict the API key to just the reports that need to use it by adding the report URLs to the Cloud Console.
- Under Application restrictions, select HTTP referrers (web sites).
- Under Website restrictions, click Add an item.
- Enter the URL of the Looker Studio report that will use this API key.
- Add additional URLs to allow multiple reports to use this key.
You can use wildcards so that multi page reports will work with your API key. If you are embedding your report, you need to include the embed URL of the report as well.
For example, to include multiple pages:
To include an embedded report:
/u/0portion so that it appears like this:
Add your Google Maps API key to your reports
- Edit your report.
- Select File > Report settings.
- Enter the API key in the Google Maps API key field.
Your billing account will be charged for using the API key. The following pricing tiers apply: