To share a reusable data source, use the Looker Studio home page:
- Sign in to Looker Studio.
- In the top, select Data sources.
- Locate the data source you want to share, then on the right, click More .
- Click Share. The Share with others dialog appears.
- Under Add people, enter the names or email addresses of the people with whom you want to share. You can also share with Google Groups.
- Select the access permission for the people and groups you've specified:
Can edit: Users can edit the asset and share it with others.
- Can view: Users can see the asset and share it with others, but can't edit it.
- To set different permissions for different people, click Manage access.
- By default, people you invite receive an email with a link to the asset you're sharing. Uncheck Notify people to not send that email.
- Click Send.
How sharing data sources works
- Sharing a data source never grants access to the underlying data set.
- A Google login is required to view or edit a data source.
- Sharing a data source with view permission allows the viewer to see the schema (structure) of the data source, but not change it.
- Sharing a data source with edit permission allows editors to change the schema: they can rename and disable fields, add calculated fields, change data type and default aggregation, and add descriptions.
- Only the data source owner can edit the data source connection.