- Click the menu icon on the top right of the lead page.
- Choose Dispute.
- Choose the reason why your lead is invalid.
- Add any additional details to “Your notes” section on the lead.
Google processes all lead disputes within one month and all dispute decisions are final.
Credits for any leads will be applied to your account balance by the end of the following calendar month. Note that the original lead charge will still appear on your invoice. You will see a message at the top of the lead to let you know if it was approved or not.
Google also regularly reviews leads, and credits any identified invalid leads. If you can’t find a lead that you want to dispute, it’s possible that it has already been credited or wasn't charged. Look for the lead in your inactive inbox. To learn more about valid and invalid leads, visit How leads work.
Don’t see the “Dispute” option listed. Here are some reasons why:
- Your ad is outside of the US or Canada
- Lead is more than 30 days old. According to policy, all leads must be disputed within 30 days
- Lead was not charged. Not all leads are charged. To see if it was charged click on the lead to see the lead summary. Once there, it will show "This lead has not been charged" if it wasn’t charged.