Start an online community
Watch our video highlighting Local Guides community best practices:Promotion
Once you’ve created your community, please complete this form.
Communities owned by Local Guides Level 3+ that meet our guidelines are eligible for support. Basic requirements for supported communities include having a profile photo, a description, at least 50 members, and consistent community activity. The Local Guides team supports one owner per community and one community per area.
To make it easier for others to find and join your community, we suggest “[YOUR LOCATION] Local Guides.”
Use an image that best represents your area. Design it as you see fit, and make sure you have the rights to use that image (you’ve taken it yourself, purchased it, or received permission from the photographer).
Do not use the Local Guides logo.
"This is the unofficial community for #LocalGuides in [YOUR LOCATION]. Local Guides, an official Google program, is a global community of explorers who seek out and celebrate local experiences. Through the contributions you add on Google Maps, you help others feel at home in the world, anywhere they go. To become a Local Guide, sign up at g.co/LocalGuides. For questions about this program, visit the official Help Center."
The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials.
- Create a public community
- Connect with other Local Guides in your community and consider making them moderators
- Reshare posts when you think your community will find them interesting
- Share photos with posts, making sure you have permission and/or you provide photo credit
- Participate regularly by chiming in on discussions, +1’ing posts, and encouraging people to meet offline
- Moderate the community regularly for spam, removing irrelevant or inappropriate content
- Use the Local Guides logo
- Allow or post promotional content of any kind