We take inappropriate content seriously
If you see content on a Google product that you believe violates the law or your rights, let us know. We’ll review the material and consider blocking, limiting, or removing access to it. Behaviors like phishing, violence, or explicit content may also violate our product policies and qualify for removal from Google products. Before creating a request, try to flag the content in the relevant product.
To submit an effective request through our webforms, follow the steps below:
- Select the Google product where the content you are reporting appears.
- Select the reason you wish to report content.
- Once you reach the correct webform, please include the specific URL(s) of the content you want to report, as opposed to the link to the website’s home page. Learn how to find the correct URL.
- Be as specific as you can about what content on the page is violative, and why you are reporting it. Provide as much background information as is necessary for us to effectively evaluate your request.
- After you file a request, you will receive an email confirmation and a reference number.
- Monitor your email, as we may contact you with questions or requests for clarification.
- If the content you are reporting appears in multiple Google products, please submit a separate notice for each relevant product.
- We endeavor to respond to valid notices as soon as we can.
Note: We can restrict access to content that appears in Google products and services, but that content may still exist elsewhere on the web. This is why you may wish to contact the website owner and ask them to remove the content.Protect your information
We aim to provide you with the world’s strongest security and privacy tools. Security and privacy matter to us and we work hard to get them right.
Our Safety Center helps you and your family stay safe online. Visit to learn more and understand how Google helps protect you, your computer, and the Internet from cybercrime.
Transparency is consistent with both our company mission to provide access to information and our commitment to human rights.
You can read about our efforts to remain transparent and also learn how legal content removals work at Google.
It is Google's policy to comply with notices of copyright infringement pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. To read more about our copyright policies and the requirements of a complete notice, visit our Copyright Help Center.