Cameos on Google lets you record and post video answers to the most asked questions on Google.
- Answer in your own style: Amplify your presence on Google with videos in your personal voice.
- At your leisure: Use your phone to find, choose, and answer top questions from Search users.
- Stay relevant and fresh: Get new questions regularly to help your content stay current and timely. Your answers post to Google where fans can find them when searching for you or scrolling through their feed in the Google app.
How it works
- In the Cameos on Google app, select the name of the person who'll record the answer.
- Next select the question you'd like to answer.
- Avoid yes or no responses. The best answers are between 30 seconds to 1 minute and tell a story that engage the audience.
- Bookmark favorite questions across each topic section (about 3–5 each) so you're ready to record answers. Fans typically watch multiple answers.
- Answer trending questions and your answers may appear when people search for those topics.
- You don't have to repeat the question or your name in your answer as both will appear with your video.
- Review our content policy (keep answers and topics appropriate).
- Hold the camera like you're taking a selfie.
- Hold the button to record and slide to post.
- Make sure the question card doesn't block your face when you record answers.
- Answer 2 or more questions for your responses to be eligible to appear in your Knowledge Panel.
- Your answer doesn’t have to be a specific length of time, as it depends on the question that is asked and the person’s response, though you should avoid yes or no responses. The best answers are between 30 seconds to 1 minute and tell a story that engages the audience.
- Record answers in a quiet setting. Review your first answer before recording more to make sure it's clear and audible.
- Change your background. Make sure your face is visible.
- You have control over multiple takes and deletions, even when content is posted and live.
- The app is updated regularly with new questions and you'll receive a notification where there are new questions for you to answer.
You can share a link to your answers in three ways:
- Search for your answers and copy the link to a specific recording:
- Search for your Knowledge Panel.
- Click on your answers.
- In the top right corner, select this: .
- Copy the link and paste into your social profile.
- (Desktop only) Download your answers directly from Search:
- On a computer, in Chrome, right-click the video and select the "Save Video As" option.
- Save the video and upload to your social profile.
- Let people know on social networks that they can find more information about you on Google Search. You can use the following language:
- Search for my name on Google to check out this answer and more.
- I just answered "x" on Google.
Make sure you use the same email you provided to set up your Cameos on Google account. If you still have trouble, contact our support team.
Login to the Cameos on Google app and select the "Questions" tab at the bottom of the screen. Then, you can choose what category of questions to choose from. Select either "Most asked about you," "For the fans," or "Trending Topics."
Contact our support team if you'd like to add a new person to record.
Answers may stay on Google indefinitely. We recommend updating Answers every few weeks if there are new questions to answer. Check back every couple of weeks for new questions to answer.
Unfortunately, we're unable to change the name once you’ve recorded. Our recommendation is to take down the video and then post it using the correct name.
To delete a video you've already uploaded:
- Go to the "Answers" tab in the Cameos on Google app.
- Swipe left on the answer you want to delete.
- A red trash icon will display on the right side of the question.
- Tap it to delete.
To re-record an answer:
- Remove your existing answer. (Go to previous FAQ.)
- Navigate to the "Questions" tab in the Cameos on Google app.
- Select the question you want to answer again.
- Press record.
Cameos is a no cost, self-service app. The Cameos on Google app requires an Android or iOS device and the ability to connect to the app store.
- Open the Cameos app.
- Navigate to the "Answers" tab.
- If you find your video, try to refresh the upload.
- If you don't find your video, you'll need to re-record it.
- Wait until the video has fully uploaded before closing the app.
- If you continue to have issues after following steps 1-5, send our support team a screenshot of the answers tab and our team will investigate further.
Here you’ll find a step by step guide on how to claim your Knowledge Panel.