Create & share a local story using Bulletin
Bulletin helps you create stories about your local community using photos, videos, and text.
Bulletin is currently available in Oakland, CA, and Nashville, TN.
To use Bulletin, you need:
- An Android device with the latest version of Chrome
- To be signed in to your Google Account
Create & share a story
Before sharing a story, make sure it follows Bulletin’s policies and guidelines.
- On your Android, open Google Chrome .
- Go to posts.google.com/bulletin.
- Start a live story. Take a photo, write a description, or take a video. Add to your story until the event is over.
- Share a link to your story at any time. Your story will update in real time.
Tip: To save a photo or video to your device, touch and hold it.
How your story can be used
Content created with Bulletin is shared with a Creative Commons license agreement. This means that publishers can download and reuse your content in their reporting.
Your stories are public, so anyone can see what you post. You can’t create an anonymous story.
Delete your Bulletin account
During the Bulletin pilot, to delete your account, make a request via the Delete your Bulletin profile form.
If the tips below don’t fix your problem, visit the Bulletin Support Forum.
If you’re signed into more than one Google Account, you could need to sign out of accounts other than the one you used to register for Bulletin.
Sign out of other accounts
- On your Android phone, open your browser.
- Go to accounts.google.com/SignOutOptions.
- At the bottom of your accounts list, you'll see either a "Sign out" or a "Manage accounts" button.
If you see "Sign out"
- Tap Sign out.
- When asked to "Choose an account:"
- Pick the Google Account that you used to sign up for Bulletin.
- If the account you used to sign up isn't there, tap Use another account.
- Enter your password.
If you see "Manage accounts"
- Tap Manage accounts.
- Tap Sign out of Chrome.
- On the "Choose an account" page, tap Add account.
- Sign into the Google Account you used when registering for Bulletin.
If you can't start a Bulletin story, it could be because you've turned off Location services.
Try these steps:
Step 1: Turn on Location services
Step 2: Turn on "High accuracy" (recommended)
"High accuracy" mode can improve location quality for your Bulletin services. Learn how to turn on "High Accuracy" mode for your Android device.
Step 3: Let Bulletin know your location
- After you turn on Location services, Bulletin asks to use your location.
- From the menu, pick how your location will appear in a story.
Both Bulletin and the Chrome browser could separately ask to access your device’s microphone and camera. This should happen only once.
Note: When you use Bulletin on a new device, you’ll need to allow these permissions.
Bulletin is best used with Screen portrait lock turned off. Captured photos and videos could be in the wrong orientation.
- On your Android device, open your Settings app.
- Tap Display Advanced.
- Turn on Auto-rotate screen.
When a story is done uploading:
- The story page in the Bulletin app will show "Public."
- Each content card will show Upload complete.
If your story isn’t uploading:
- Your story uploads in the background so you can exit the app after you publish it.
- If you’re not connected to the internet when you publish a story, it’ll automatically upload when you’re back online.
- If your story hasn’t uploaded after a while, you could need to open the app to resume upload.
Make sure you’re connected to the internet. You could need to connect a network or turn off Airplane Mode.
Content will automatically upload when you connect to the internet.
If someone is pretending to be you or someone else, you can report impersonation.
Unable to take photo or video with Bulletin
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Go to the Bulletin home page.
- In the address bar, tap the green padlock icon .
- Tap Site settings.
- Make sure that “Access your camera” and “Access your microphone” have “Allow” below them.
- If “Allow” is listed under both, please contact the Bulletin community.
- If “Allow” is not listed under both, change the settings.
- To change the camera settings, tap Access your camera. Then, tap Allow.
- To change the microphone settings, tap Access your microphone. Then, tap Allow.
- In the top-left corner, tap to exit site settings.