Update your Google knowledge panel
This article explains how to update the stats that show up about your entity in the knowledge panel. In this article, you’ll find the following:
- How to suggest a change
- Changes you can suggest
- Changes you cannot suggest
- How Google reviews your suggestions
After you’re verified as an official representative, use the Suggest an edit option in the knowledge panel to ensure your data is accurate. All information published in knowledge panel cards is subject to Google's policies and user feedback.
If you’re a local business that serves customers at a particular location or within a designated service area, join Google My Business to manage your presence on Google Search and Maps.
- Go to Google Search.
- Sign in to the Google Account associated with the entity that you represent.
- Check that your Web and app activity is turned on.
- Search for your entity on Google and find its knowledge panel. Ensure you see your entity’s name at the top of the knowledge panel.
- At the top of the knowledge panel, click Suggest an edit. If you don’t see this option, Google doesn’t recognize your Google Account as a verified representative of the entity. Follow these steps to get verified.
- Click the information that you want to change. For multiple suggestions, submit feedback for each item separately.
- In the response box that opens, write a short description that includes the following:
- Clearly state your suggested change.
- Explain why your suggestion is correct and should replace the existing content.
- Include a publicly accessible URL that confirms your suggested change.
- Click Send.
You can suggest changes to the following content in your knowledge panel:
- Find your knowledge panel on Google Search.
- Click Suggest a change to provide a direct URL of the image.
- To copy an image's URL, right-click the image and click Copy image address (wording may vary by browser). Do not share the website URL where the image appears.
- If you have Posts on Google, click Update your featured image.
- Format: Your image URL must end in .jpg or .png
- Size: Use an image with a 3:4 aspect ratio that’s at least 1,000 pixels.
- People: If the knowledge panel is for a person, their face should be clearly visible in the image.
- Logos: Use .PNG or .SVG file formats.
Specific stats for various categories of entities
- Wikipedia snippet
- Images other than the main image
- The "People also search for" section
After review is complete, we inform you by email if we intend to publish your suggested change.
If you have any questions, please contact us.