Fix problems with Google Keep
If you can’t find a shared note or can’t sign into your account, you can try to fix the problem.
Find notes shared with you
If you can't see a note that's been shared with you, or if someone can't see the note you shared with them, try these steps:
Turn Android sync settings on
- On your Android phone or tablet, tap Settings .
- Tap Accounts Google .
- Select the Google Account the note has been shared with.
- On the "Sync" screen, find and turn on Keep.
Update Google Keep
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu .
- To see your downloaded apps, tap My apps & games Installed.
- Tap Google Keep .
- If there’s an update available, tap Update.
If you still don’t see the note, it is possible:
- The owner may have stopped sharing the note.
- You may not be signed in to the account that the note was shared with.
Fix other problems
Google Keep widget doesn't work
To add a shortcut to your home screen, you need a device that runs Android 4.0 and up.
Conflicting edits in a note
If you edit the same note on different devices and one of the devices is offline, you may see a "Conflicting edits found" notification.
You might also see this notification if your device is on a Wi-Fi network with low bandwidth.
To fix the conflicts, follow these steps:
- Tap the notification. You'll see the different versions of the notes.
- Choose what to save:
- Select the note you want to save, then tap Keep selected.
- To save both versions of the note, tap Keep both.
Request access to a shared note
You may get a "Request access" alert if:
- You're trying to access the note from a different Google Account than the one it was shared with.
- The owner stopped sharing the note with you.
To see the note:
- Tap Request Access to ask the owner to share the note.
- Contact the note's owner and have them share it with you again.
- Sign in with the Google Account the note was originally shared with.