Search for notes & lists
Quickly find your notes and lists by using the search bar in Google Keep. You can filter by text or note features such as color, labels, and images.
Search in Google Keep
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Keep app.
- At the top right, tap Search .
- Type the words or label name you’re looking for, or click an icon to filter your search results:
- Types: Filter notes by reminders, recordings, URLs, or other types.
- Labels: Filter notes by labels you’ve given them.
- Things: Filter notes that fit into categories such as books, music, travel, and more.
- People: Filter notes that you’ve shared with specific people.
- Colors: Filter notes you’ve tagged with a certain color.
- When you have your results, tap a note to open it.
Tip: You can search for text in photos, like images of receipts, by typing the words in the photo. (Available in English only.)
Use Spotlight Search
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad.
- On your Home screen: swipe from left to right, or drag down from the middle of the screen.
- At the top, tap Search .
- Type words from the note or list you're looking for. As you type, search results appear.
- Tap a note or list to open it in the Keep app.