Important: This feature is only available for Android devices.
On your Android device, you can pin Keep notes on your home screen as widgets. You can also add a widget that allows you to create new notes and lists.
Add a note or list to your home screen
Important: You must have the Google Keep app installed.
- On your Android device, touch and hold the home screen.
- Tap Widgets .
- Search for the Google Keep app.
- Under “Keep Notes,” find the widget you want to add.
- To pin a note to your home screen, select the "Single note" widget.
- To pin multiple notes to your home screen, select the "Note collection" widget.
- To be able to quickly create notes from your home screen, select the "Quick capture" widget.
- Touch and hold the widget.
- Slide the widget to where you want it.
- If you have used multiple accounts on your Google Keep app, you can select an account.
- (Optional) If you added the:
- Single note widget, choose the note you want to add to your home screen.
- Note collection widget, choose whether you want to display all notes, pinned notes, or notes under a certain label.
Learn more about how to add a widget to your home page.
Edit a note on your home screen
If you're using the Single note widget, you can edit the note directly from your home screen.
- On your Android device, go to the home screen.
- Find the Keep note widget you want to edit.
- To check or uncheck items off a list, tap the checkbox from the home screen.
- To make changes to text, at the bottom right of the note, tap Open in Keep app .