You can cast content from your Android device to Jamboard. Note: Casting on Jamboard is only available in very controlled environments, and it is not meant for enterprise use.
Before you begin
Make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Android M or later on your device and Android N on the Jamboard.
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) enabled on the network to discover devices. Refer to your router documentation for instructions, and contact the manufacturer of your router if you encounter any issues.
- Minimum 20 mbps Internet connection speed.
- Multicasting enabled on the network for device discovery.
- mDNS enabled.
- The Google Home App installed on your Android device.
- We recommend using routers approved by the Chromecast team.
- AP isolation must be disabled. All devices on the network must be discoverable by each other.
- The Jamboard and the Android device are on an unfiltered network, meaning that there cannot be any firewall rules. Please refer to your firewall or router vendor for this.
Cast to Jamboard
- Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Jamboard.
- Refer to the specific Casting instructions for your Android device or application which you’d like to cast content from.
- Select Jamboard as the Casting target.
- Casting should automatically begin on Jamboard.
The following are not supported:
- Streaming services. Limited YouTube streaming is supported (YouTube movies, TV, purchases, and live streams are not supported).
- WPA2-Enterprise, or any 802.1X-based authentication methods, including for ethernet.
- Networks with a Captive portal.
- Multicast routing configurations. Both the casting device and the Jamboard must be on the same network.
- Proxies or VPN connections.
- Jam sessions can be interrupted at any time by a casting device. There are no ACLs to prevent this. To prevent Casting from interrupting jam sessions, please configure your network to block Casting.